[clue-tech] Using iPod w/gtkpod

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Feb 26 08:45:59 MST 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 22:33:25 -0700 (MST)
Jim Ockers wrote:

> You have to mount it as root but if you assign the superblock a
> particular uid/gid then that user can access the filesystem as if every
> file was theirs.
>
> See man mount for more information about this but I think the uid= and
> gid= are mount options.

Also, you can play around with your fstab options so that non-root users
can mount it, same as your floppy and CD/DVD drives. Used to be you'd put,
IIRC, "user" or "users" in the fstab option field. Looking at my fstab
now, I don't see that for my CD drive. I do see the "pamconsole" and
"managed" options, which I guess must accomplish sort of the same thing,
but in a different way. Might be some hotplug config things as well, to
set permissions when a device is recognized.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E