[clue-tech] multiple plone sites

Mark Gibson mark at dimensional.com
Fri Jan 6 23:12:14 MST 2006

Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> Nothing in particular, just playing around.  I wanted to be able to
> create pages that had a picture and some text.  So, for example some
> simple interface that allows me to place a picture on the left, or the
> right, etc. and add a paragraph on the other side.  Seems like if you
> want to do this with Plone you have to know HTML, or use their own
> special codes.  I don't have the inability to create my own pages by
> hand, but if I have to do it anyway, why bother using CMS?

Plone now comes wysiwyg editor called kupu.  I don't know why it
wouldn't be working for you.  Have you created a user with management
privileges?

>>> I still can't get
>>> Apache Rewrites to work to mask the site URL, but maybe that's a problem
>>> I'm having with Apache.
>>>

>> I'm not exactly an expert, but I've had some success with URL rewriting.
>> If you can describe the problem, I might have an idea or two.
>>

> I was using Virtual Host Monster style Rewrites in Apache.  Apache was
> responding with 403 permission denied no matter what I did.  I tried
> turning on proxy, and enabling it, etc.  But nothing seemed to work.

It's actually pretty simple.  Have you seen this?

http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/plone-apache/virtualhost

What do your re-write rules look like?

The Plone mailing list is also a good resource.

Mark