[clue-tech] Power Supply?

Gus Salavatore Calabrese gsc at omegadogs.com
Tue Jan 10 23:14:50 MST 2006

If you want to drop it by I can probably tell you what is
dead on the beastie.
AGSC
North Denver
720 222 1309

On Jan 10, 2006, at 11:08 PM, Todd A. Gibson wrote:

Hello,
I have an old Power Mac G4 (with OS X) which has been unplugged for a
month or so.
Prior to the shutdown, the computer ran 24/7.
Tonight I fired it up wth the intent of installing Linux on it.  Or at
least I tried to fire it up.

The power button illuminates while I press it. Likewise, if I plug in
the monitor, its power button lights if I press it (the video cable
also provides power).  So there is some electricity going to the
machine.  However, beyond that, total silence.  No power supply fan,
no other signs of life at all.  Does this sound like a power supply
problem to you?  I'm apprehensive about dropping $200 on a power
supply if that's not the problem.

Thanks,
-TAG