[clue-tech] Stupid User Trick -- Need to fix some permissions

William wlist-clue at kimballstuff.com
Wed Jan 11 21:12:07 MST 2006

In short, I goofed and need to fix some permissions.

I ran a command similar to (in order to set rw permissions as I need on
all files under a particular tree):
chmod -R 664 /some/directory/path/*

Consequently, none of the child directories have any x bits set.  This
is apparently a problem because I now cannot create any new files under
these directories.  I want ONLY the directories themselves to have the
ugo x bits set, not files.  How can this be done most easily?

Thanks!

--
William Kimball, Jr.
http://www.kimballstuff.com/