[clue-tech] postfix recipe needed - to match incoming mail against a list of valid users

William wlist-clue at kimballstuff.com
Fri Jan 13 14:49:32 MST 2006

That behavior is both native to and default for postfix.  It is no
wonder that you won't find additional documentation on it.  In fact, I'm
surprised that you are experiencing alternate behavior.  Normally,
postfix checks the Envelope (not the Header) To: data against your list
of valid users.  No match results in a bounce.  I'm not sure how you
circumvented this behavior.  That is, unless you meant something else by
your question.  :)

For *additional* hardening against dictionary attacks, take a look at my
popAuth3 project:  http://popauth.kimballstuff.com/