[clue-tech] postfix recipe needed - to match incoming mail against a list of valid users

John Reilly jr at inconspicuous.org
Sat Jan 14 05:56:30 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 14:49 -0700, William wrote:
> That behavior is both native to and default for postfix.  It is no
> wonder that you won't find additional documentation on it.  In fact, I'm
> surprised that you are experiencing alternate behavior.  Normally,
> postfix checks the Envelope (not the Header) To: data against your list
> of valid users.  No match results in a bounce.  I'm not sure how you
> circumvented this behavior.  That is, unless you meant something else by
> your question.  :)

I'd presumably he meant for relaying rather than delivery.

Have a look in main.cf and search for relay_recipient_maps.  You should
find

#relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients

Uncomment it and create the relay_recipients file.

The entries in relay_recipients are like the following

jr at inconspicuous.org                        OK

That's all that you need to do afair.

jr