[clue-tech] Unexpected Reboots

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Thu Jan 19 07:53:46 MST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 08:05:28PM -0700, William wrote:

> That's funny stuff!  Fortunately, that's not possible here.  The servers
> are all running off the same APC UPS (a big one).  As no other servers
> are exhibiting this behavior, I'm confidant that this problem is
> isolated to the one machine.

Other things to check -

-Memtest86 - check ram for any problems (www.memtest86.com).  Not always
 able to catch memory errors, but it's a good start.   I friend of mine
 recommends real-world stressing to find memory errors, like rebuilding
 the kernel continuously for several hours.

-Power supplies often fail slowly, causing otherwise inexplicable failuers.
 Replace if possible.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net