[clue-tech] Unexpected Reboots

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Thu Jan 19 13:33:27 MST 2006

When you start to see  odd reboots on a stable box the first thing I'd
check are the fans and cooling..I had a box that was stable for years
and then the CPU fan and a bridge fan died shortly within one another.
After that I'd get about 2-3 hours of uptime and then it would reboot.

There was nothing in the logs to indicate this (because it would just
hard reboot and nothing would get flushed) and it took me a little while
to actually figure it out until I cracked the box..then it was obvious :-)

Good luck!
Chris