[clue-tech] Re: Upgrading HDDs in an LVM configuration? -- SOLVED

William wlist-clue at kimballstuff.com
Sun Jan 22 02:08:14 MST 2006

William wrote:
> Can this be done, and how?

It's called, "dig a little deeper".  After spending some time figuring
out which group actually wrote LVM, I tripped into a nice set of
tutorials.  Turns out you can move all files off a given drive onto the
remaining drives in the logical group, sever the now-empty drive, remove
it from the machine, replace it with a bigger drive, absorb that new
drive into the existing logical group, and go about your merry way.
Quite easily, too!

Thanks for, umm, letting me dig deeper on my own.  ;)

--
William Kimball, Jr.
http://www.kimballstuff.com/

Catch me on-line!