[clue-tech] foreign keys in phpmyadmin

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jan 25 23:21:16 MST 2006

Jack Parker wrote:

> Must have ignored this discussion.  But as a database wonk, I should
> chime in.
>
> I've got Informix, Oracle and DB2 installed under RH7.3.
>
> Oracle was a pain to install and get working - the other day it fell
> over and I didn't feel like debugging it.  I loaded Informix on and had
> it up and running in 10 minutes.  Works great.  Db2 is rich in features,
> but not quite as snappy performance wise.

[snip]

> I prefer the Informix database, it's fast, I can tune it for OLTP or DSS
> or anything in between, if there's a performance issue, you can dig into
> it and tune it.  But then I've been using Informix for years.

What version of Informix are you using on Linux?

I kinda forgot they have a "free to use" version.  (Or do they?)

I've used it at work for years and years... virtually never dies, and
works well.

Unfortunately we're stuck on a quite old version.  The newer versions
have some nifty feature I hear.

Eventually we'll upgrade...

I may have to go get Informix for Linux and play a bit... hmm.

Nate