[clue-tech] screen weirdness

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 22:28:24 MDT 2006

I didn't have this problem on my old computer with Linux. I'm still
using the same Samsung SyncMaster 730B LCD unit as previously, but now
the screen is offset to the left.

It is really noticeable when running in native terminal mode and when
using the VESA driver before I got the nvidia driver installed - all
lines had about 3 characters off the left end of the screen.

Now it's still ofset, but less drastically so, except for opening an
alternate tty. I've got a black area 1" on the right, and the big-K in
the KDE panel is just barely visible on the screen, A new terminal
window opens about 1/8" off the screen.

Does anyone have a clue how to adjust this?

--
Collins Richey