[clue-tech] burning ISO with Ubuntu

Jason S. Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Fri Jul 7 14:04:52 MDT 2006

I downloaded ubuntu-6.06-server-i386.iso with the intention of burning
it to a CD.

The CD/DVD creator that launches when I insert my blank CD prompts me
with the option to "Create From Image" or "Create With File".  If I
choose the former, I get the error "The file
'ubuntu-6.06-server.i386.iso' is not a valid disc image", and if I
choose the latter, my machine does not recognize the CD as valid when I
try to boot with it (no errors to screen, it just passes its attempt to
boot from CD and boots from the hard drive instead).