[clue-tech] burning ISO with Ubuntu

John Fiala jcfiala at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:07:26 MDT 2006

Hard to say without knowing what the creator you have is.

You might want to check the md5 checksum of the file you downloaded
against the one on Ubuntu's site - it's possible your download is
corrupted.

You might also want to look around in the help for your creator,
searching for iso.  I've got Roxio, and it took a little hunting to
find the option for burning iso files in its UI.

On 7/7/06, Jason S. Friedman <jason at powerpull.net> wrote:
> I downloaded ubuntu-6.06-server-i386.iso with the intention of burning
> it to a CD.
>
> The CD/DVD creator that launches when I insert my blank CD prompts me
> with the option to "Create From Image" or "Create With File".  If I
> choose the former, I get the error "The file
> 'ubuntu-6.06-server.i386.iso' is not a valid disc image", and if I
> choose the latter, my machine does not recognize the CD as valid when I
> try to boot with it (no errors to screen, it just passes its attempt to
> boot from CD and boots from the hard drive instead).

John Fiala