[clue-tech] Kubuntu 6.6

Michael Fierro biffster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 15:54:41 MDT 2006

On 7/12/06, Yuko Jonah <spidna at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed kubuntu and I'm happy with it. Problem is when i update/upgrade
> it appears to update/upgrade the kernels. On the boot menu i have more than
> 3 boot/ recovery menu. How can i prevent this from happening, what do i need
> to edit and how do i get  rid of the other kernels from the boot menu. i

All you need to do is remove them. You can use Synaptic, or you can
use apt/aptitude thusly:

sudo aptitude remove linux-image-X

(where X equals the kernel version that you want to remove. Using the
TAB key to auto-complete will help.)

Michael Fierro                                      biffster at gmail.com
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
---
Weapons at best are tools of bad omen,
Loathed and avoided by those of the Way.
  - Tao Te Ching, Ch. 31, Blakney