[clue-tech] Curious about decline in attendance at CLUE meetings

William wlist-clue at kimballstuff.com
Fri Jul 21 23:19:02 MDT 2006

Collins Richey wrote:
> I'm kinda curious about the decline in members who actually attend
> CLUE meetings.
>
> Now that we're meeting at the Oracle building attendance is down to a
> steady couple of dozen stalwarts.  I can't comment on the North
> meetings since that's way too far for me to drive.
>
> I also know there are lots  of regular correspondents on this list
> whom I've never met or even seen at a meeting or installfest. Some of
> you, of course, have moved away from the Denver area.
>
> Your comments are welcome.

Take your pick (tongue in cheek):  I live in Westminster and am too lazy
to drive more than 15 minutes at a time?  I miss out because I don't pay
enough attention to the times and locations of the meets?  Between
full-time work and college, I don't have the time?  I suffer the curse
of Ryoga Hibiki and am afraid to venture out for fear of getting lost?
Or:  Something in all of the above.  :)

Seriously, though:  this mailing list give me everything I need.  I just
don't perceive any additional value in appearing at CLUE functions.  If
anyone really wanted to meet me, I'd be more than happy to host a BBQ at
my place for a small crowd where any Linux discussion would be over a
drink rather than a computer.  However, I don't honestly believe anyone
on this list is truly interested in meeting me in person (unless,
perhaps, they have a beef with me).  The status quo remains in
equilibrium so long as I remain faceless.  ;)