[clue-tech] Distro musings

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 10:57:01 MDT 2006

On 7/30/06, Chris <katanacb at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 09:34 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> > I love it. On LinuxToday a quote from
> >
> > http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/269/81/
> >

> > "... unless businesses like dealing with multiple hardware issues, a
> > substandard Java environment, and a lack of proprietary Web browser
> > plugins, I can't see how Ubuntu Linux 6.06 is ready for anything
> > except perhaps a patch release."
>

> Can't this be said for *multiple* distros?  I

Exactly as I said: "the comment on Web browser plugins is specious and
misleading to
say the least if not a red herring. " No distro in the US with a
competent legal department is going to release this stuff directly.
The only question is, how easy is it to get what you want, and on
Debian/Ubuntu it's damn easy.

--
Collins Richey