[clue-tech] two monitors - the new fad

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at blazenet.net
Thu Jun 1 15:18:57 MDT 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 05:00 pm, Jeff Cann wrote:
> But, trying to be open-minded, I put the questions to the cluebies:
>
> Who's using two monitors?
> Why?
> Are you more/less efficient with your work?

I actually have three monitors on my desk (it got so cluttered that I had to
put the actual computers on a "second level" that I built :-).  The one in
the middle,  which I'm doing this on,  connects to my workstation and spends
most of the time in KDE,  though I do have top running on tty8 and a log
being tail'd to tty7 and an SSH session in textmode running on tty1 and mc on
tty2 just in case I need it for something.  The other monitor to my left is
connected to the "server" where at the moment there are three consoles with
mc running and I'm shelled out on one of them and watching a massive upload
going on (only 823 more files to go!) and I use that monitor for most of my
textmode stuff.

The third one was connected to the BBS machine,  and hasn't been turned on
since I took the BBS down last October or so.  I should probably remove it
and give myself a bit more room,  but since I literally don't have any place
to put it at the present time I'm leaving it there for now.  And I need to
pull some stuff off that machine anyway.

Got one keyboard sitting on top of the desk,  the other one in a drawer,  both
those nice clickety IBM model Ms,  too.  Wish I had some more of those...

That help any?

-
M Dakin