[clue-tech] two monitors - the new fad

Gus S Calabrese gsc at omegadogs.com
Thu Jun 1 15:37:09 MDT 2006

New Fad ?

I have been using two monitors for at least 5 years.
When I sit down in front of one monitor I feel chocked
if I have to deal with more than one application.
For some apps I use both monitors just for that app.

POD

On 2006-Jun 01, at 15:26hrs PM, David L. Anselmi wrote:

Jeff Cann wrote:
[...]

> Who's using two monitors?

Me, at work.

> Why?

Because my Sun came that way.

> Are you more/less efficient with your work?

A little more.  I fill one monitor with my Citrix window and use
xterms on the other.  So it's like having 2 computers at my desk
(Solaris and Windows) but I don't need 2 keyboards and mice like the
people who have a separate PC.

Once in a while I have too many thing open in Solaris so I minimize
Citrix and open some things on that side.  But you can't move windows
to the other monitor (Solaris 8 and CDE, ugh).

One thing that would help immensely is cut and paste between Citrix
and Solaris (not allowed by security I'm told).

But my screen size needs are pretty minimal, I don't do any graphics
anything.