[clue-tech] two monitors - the new fad

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Jun 1 15:26:33 MDT 2006

Jeff Cann wrote:
[...]
> Who's using two monitors?

Me, at work.

> Why?

Because my Sun came that way.

> Are you more/less efficient with your work?

A little more.  I fill one monitor with my Citrix window and use xterms
on the other.  So it's like having 2 computers at my desk (Solaris and
Windows) but I don't need 2 keyboards and mice like the people who have
a separate PC.

Once in a while I have too many thing open in Solaris so I minimize
Citrix and open some things on that side.  But you can't move windows to
the other monitor (Solaris 8 and CDE, ugh).

One thing that would help immensely is cut and paste between Citrix and
Solaris (not allowed by security I'm told).

But my screen size needs are pretty minimal, I don't do any graphics
anything.