[clue-tech] Installing Damn Small Linux (DSL) under VMWare

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Jun 15 21:31:24 MDT 2006

Any DSL users out there?

Have just gotten VMWare Workstation installed (very easy), and figured I'd
try a small distro for starters. I note that one very cool thing is you
can tell vmware to use an ISO image as the CDROM. So I can boot DSL in
VMWare without even burning a CD.

Anyways, the instructions for installing DSL to the hard drive seem to
indicate that I can just type "install" at the boot prompt, and it'll do
its thing. But maybe I'm misunderstanding. So, has anyone here done a DSL
2.4 install to a hard drive? I chose option 3, uh ... "hard drive install"
is what I think the wording is. It asked me to type in a partition,
suggesting /dev/hda2, so I typed in /dev/hda2. It asked for a
confirmation, which I gave it, and then returns to the install menu
without, apparently, doing anything.

So, do need to have the partition already created? I guess I'd try that if
it weren't quite so late tonight.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/