OT: [clue-tech] Shame shame

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 20:06:08 MDT 2006

On 6/19/06, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> Now, that's not fair.  Just because Vmware doesn't GPL everything they make doesn't mean
> that pimping their stuph violates the CLUE spirit.   Here's how I see it:

It all depends on just how closed minded you want to be. I meant this
sort of tongue in cheek. The super strict attitude is common with
Debian advocates and/or kernel developers who apparently consider non
GPL kernel modules to be evil = illegal.

> Let's not get so (darned) religious about this that we exclude our best friends as
> "sorry, not holy enough".
>
> Let's ~build~ bridges into Linux, not burn them.

I snipped the rest because I agree 100%. Nothing wrong with VMware,
but lots of grumbling from the stricter-than-thou crowd.

--
Collins Richey