OT: Re: [clue-tech] Shame shame

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jun 20 21:28:27 MDT 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:39:30 -0600
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> I should clarify that my comments are not intended to suggest that
> VMWare's kernel module violates the GPL.  I don't know how they've
> constructed or licensed their code.  But it is not part of the main
> kernel tree so when the kernel developers change the API VMWare's module
> will break.
>
> So "support" from VMWare may be more important than for most apps.

Sure, but let's not confuse running VMWare on the host system, vs. what
sort of "guest" OSes you can run. (Admittedly, if the API changes, you
won't be able to run anything at all.) Or have I completely misunderstood
Collins' orgininal query? (Wouldn't be the first time.)

--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/