[clue-tech] Distro match maker.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Mar 8 22:09:32 MST 2006

Chuck Downing wrote:
> David L. Anselmi wrote:
>
>> Here's a site that will help you find your one, true, lifetime distro:
>>
>> http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/index.php
[...]
> Well Dave, I got about 90% through the survey using Firefox on my
> production Windows XP box.  The only escape from the tight loop Firefox
> was in was to turn off the machine and reboot.  As I have been doing for
> about 25 years, that idea is trash-canned.

Interesting, I've never seen an app crash XP.  Perhaps you weren't
patient enough killing Firefox (did you try the task manager?)  I wonder
how hard it would be to isolate the code that Firefox doesn't like.

I saw a place that sells geek-wear.  One shirt said "If Bill Gates had a
nickle for every time Windows crashed..."