[clue-tech] Distro match maker.

Chuck Downing chuckdowning at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 11:45:56 MST 2006

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Chuck Downing wrote:
>
>> David L. Anselmi wrote:
>>
>>> Here's a site that will help you find your one, true, lifetime distro:
>>>
>>> http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/index.php
>
> [...]
>
>> Well Dave, I got about 90% through the survey using Firefox on my
>> production Windows XP box.  The only escape from the tight loop
>> Firefox was in was to turn off the machine and reboot.  As I have been
>> doing for about 25 years, that idea is trash-canned.
>

> Interesting, I've never seen an app crash XP.  Perhaps you weren't
> patient enough killing Firefox (did you try the task manager?)  I wonder
> how hard it would be to isolate the code that Firefox doesn't like.

I'm probably not the most patient guy reading CLUE Tech, but I think I
tried everything before giving up.  The Firefox stop-sign didn't react,
two or three times.  The "close app X" didn't react. Ctl-Alt-Del had no
effect.  I could move the mouse.  It seemed that I had no way to get an
error report.

I think I waited four or so times longer than it took Linux and Firefox
to respond later in the day.  I really had no choice except to kill it
and get on with my day.

> I saw a place that sells geek-wear.  One shirt said "If Bill Gates had a
> nickle for every time Windows crashed..."

I don't have enough room in my dresser for all those T-shirts I could
have bought.

> Dave

Chuck Downing
Leadville, Colorado