[clue-tech] Apache2 virtual hosts on Kubuntu/MEPIS box-guidance

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Mon Mar 13 13:24:42 MST 2006

Hi John,

> I have several domains registered with GoDaddy.com
> that  I parked there and then forwarded to my assigned
                                ^^^^^^^^^
> Qwest IP#.  ( I can successfully do a remote
> traceroute from most services on 'www.traceroute.org'
> to my ded'd IP#.

I don't think that word means what you think it means. :)

I suspect a DNS misconfiguration because:

> When I traceroute to any of my domains
> the traceroute stops at the Godaddy IP# every time
> regardless of whatever I do in configuring Apache2.

The DNS is obviously pointing to a Godaddy IP address, not
a Qwest IP address.

Therefore you will have to either figure out the DNS problem
or else tell us the name of one of your domains so we can
suggest a more nearly correct DNS configuration.

The word "forward" doesn't have a specific meaning in
DNS terminology AFAIK.

> 172.16.0.2      www.domain1.org     domain1.org
> 172.16.0.2      www.domain2.org     domain2.org

The DNS for those domains looks OK to me and doesn't seem
to point to Godaddy, but neither does it point to a Qwest
IP address. :)

Hope this helps,
Jim

--