[clue-tech] has anyone use Subversion and if so, comments ?

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Mar 21 09:52:09 MST 2006

blackcat wrote:

> Angelo do you think more development is occurring for Subversion ?   (
> ITPOP---ITIITBS )
> POD

I'm not really sure, because there seems to still be a lot of interest
in CVS.  Some people don't like Subversion because it uses global
revision numbers instead of keeping track of revision numbers for each
file.  And a lot of projects that are started in CVS just remain in CVS
because there really aren't that many differences.  If you're doing
restructuring or refactoring, you may consider switching to Subversion,
but other than that there isn't a lot of reason to do so.  CVS is a lot
like Perl to me:  it's not the future, but some people still like to
hang on to it.

Angelo