[clue-tech] WYSIWYG for Qt or Tk and PERL

Jeff Falgout jfalgout at ogov.net
Wed Mar 22 08:44:47 MST 2006

Greetings -

I'm trying to build by first GUI with Perl using either Qt or Tk. My first
shot at doing very basic using Tk with pack/grid didn't give me what I was
looking for - not enough control of where the widgets are placed. I don't
have the time or patience to use coordinates manually.

I tried a couple of the Tk WYSIWYG editors - but I wasn't impressed with
any of them (Vtcl and SpecPerl)

I want to use something like Qtdesigner - a WYSIWYG. I like Qtdesigner but
can't figure out how to get the resulting .ui file into Perl code. I gave
puic a shot, but it complains about a new version of Qt. I googled around
and could only find reference to Perl plugins to Qtdesigner, nothing that
explicitly describes how to convert ui code to Perl code.

Didn't get into Glade or Kdevelop yet.

Has anyone been able to get Qtdesigner to spit out Perl code? Any other
suggestions for an easy way to create a Perl GUI?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

PS - There is a possibility that I may need to port this to windows via a
precompiled binary using something like perlcc or Perl packager.