[clue-tech] WYSIWYG for Qt or Tk and PERL

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Wed Mar 22 11:26:12 MST 2006

Jeff Falgout wrote:

> I'm trying to build by first GUI with Perl using either Qt or Tk. My first
> shot at doing very basic using Tk with pack/grid didn't give me what I was
> looking for - not enough control of where the widgets are placed. I don't
> have the time or patience to use coordinates manually.

How much control do you need, and why? I can't help with the Perl
aspect, but I've done a lot of work with Tk and can probably give you
some tips on getting better results with pack and grid. Don't feel bad
about not wanting to do manual positioning: unless your GUI design is
very unconventional, the high-level geometry managers will give you
better results with less effort in almost every case.

--
Matt Gushee
The Reluctant Geek: http://matt.gushee.net/rg/