[clue-tech] CompUSA wireless

Jon Buttjer jontheisguy at gmail.com
Mon May 1 23:14:14 MDT 2006

Angelo,
Recently a guy named Matt tested a few PCMCIA/PC Card wireless
adapters that he bought at CompUSA.  Of the ones he tested, he
recommended the DLink 630 and the Belkin G adapter.  Depending on
distro and chipset, some plug and work while others need NDIS drivers
installed.  802.11b support should be fairly standard in most distros,
while 802.x (a or g or whatever) might be a little more tricky.
Orinoco chipset is excellent, while Broadcom is fairly standard.  Also
beware that just because one person has Linksys WPC11 working..
doesn't mean that another with WPC11 v2 will work.  Chipset, chipset,
chipset.

Good luck,
Jon