[clue-tech] CompUSA wireless

Adam bultman adamb at glaven.org
Wed May 10 15:33:57 MDT 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11g#802.11g

54Mbit, if you're close. Assuming you have 100Mbit ethernet, it's half
as fast as your ethernet.  Although I've found that I never get anywhere
near what is 'advertised' in wireless connections. My 802.11b gets me
MAYBE 5 Mbit if I use WEP.   While this might not be the same for g, I
wouldn't count on full speed :-/

Adam