[clue-tech] Compiling PHP under FC5

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Fri May 19 09:35:23 MDT 2006

Hi all,

Short version:
What I'm trying to do is recompile PHP with the correct flags under FC5 so
my PHP-based board can use the databases I have installed.

Long version:
I'm trying to test a piece of software (Phpbb 3) and I'm stuck on the
installation. It can't see my sqlite or MySQL databases. It looks like PHP
(5.1.2) was complied with '--without-sqlite' and '--without-mysql. So I
need to re-compile it.

I did a little searching on Google, and I get the impression that I'm
supposed to download the latest package from php.net and install it
(http://resellers.tucows.com/documentation/ccs/ccsinstallfedoracore5.pdf)

I was hoping to use the framework built into FC5 though. I believe I've
added the source repositories using "Yum Extender", but I can't seem to
find the PHP development package.

FYI, PHP used to bundle the client libraries for MySQL until they hit
version 5.
(http://us3.php.net/manual/en/faq.databases.php#faq.databases.mysql.php5)

Thanks,
Erik Z