[clue-tech] postfix

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Sat May 20 11:29:48 MDT 2006

I've read the postfix docs and I'm still unclear on the exact procedure.

Here's what I currently have and this is allowing users to send if they
are on the same network as the postfix server.  It also does not allow
random spammers to connect.  But, it does not allow legitimate users off
our postfix network to send email.

# sasl for SMTP authorization
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated

How can I setup my postfix SMTP server to allow legitimate remote users
to send email?

Thanks for suggestions.

Jeff