[clue-tech] postfix

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Sat May 20 13:53:27 MDT 2006

On 5/20/06, Jeff Cann <jccann at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've read the postfix docs and I'm still unclear on the exact procedure.

I've also found Postfix to be fairly picky when setting up for remote
users... I don't know if this is the magic bullet, but you might try
adding this to smtpd_recipient_restrictions:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated

It's been a while since I set up Postfix, but if I remove
permit_sasl_authenticated, then I'm no longer able to send mail
through my server from Thunderbird -- I re-add it, and it's fine.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier