[clue-tech] Gentoo sources question

Yuko Jonah spidna at gmail.com
Mon May 29 14:15:37 MDT 2006

Collins, welcome back to the Gentoo distro which you had helped me long time
ago.
if i understand your question correctly you need to emerge gentoo-sources
with this command to get the kernel source downloaded.  i hope this help
you.

USE="-doc symlink" emerge gentoo-sources

On 5/29/06, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know we have a few Gentoo users in the area, so perhaps someone will
> know the answer.
>
> I'm trying to put up a Gentoo system again after a year or more. The
> current Gentoo install and livecd stuff doesn't work worth a darn, so
> I'm back to the tried and true stage3 tarball method. No problems
> downloading and untarring the stage3 tarball and portage snapshot, but
> 'emerge gentoo-sources' failes looking for
> genpatches-2.6.15-8.extras.tar.bz2 (not found on any mirror that it
> tries).
>
> My memory has failed. How do I find and communicate to portage other
> mirrors to try for emerge? Or must I wait several days until they get
> around to propagating the patches to the standard mirrors?
>
> Sigh! One of the most frustrating aspects of updating any distro from
> the internet is when the developers decide to update something without
> pushing all the pieces to the mirrors.
>
> --
> Collins Richey
>      If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries
>      of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.

Yuko Jonah

-There is no evil greater than that committed by those who claim to do their
deeds in the name of God.