[clue-tech] Can't get wirelessly connected with new laptop

F.L. Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Fri Nov 17 18:10:35 MST 2006

My HP laptop recently quit connecting to my wireless network, but could
hit other wireless networks just fine.  It could see my network, but
couldn't complete a connection with the built-in wireless.  My Toshiba
laptop would connect just fine.  I put the PCMCIA wireless card from the
Toshiba in the HP and connected just fine.  It tried DHCP and static
IPs, resetting the wireless router, even a different internal wireless
card (f***ing bios-lock).

On recommendation of one of my computer user group members I checked the
router site for a firmware upgrade.  There were a couple, so I flashed
the latest version.  Voila, HP internal wireless worked again.

Frank
Greeley