[clue-tech] flashplayer9 Beta

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 07:36:58 MDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Ken MacFerrin <lists at macferrin.com> wrote:
> Chris Tubutis wrote:
> > On 20 Oct, Collins Richey wrote:
> >> In case you've been hiding under a rock, it's here. Would that it were
> >> FOSS, but at least Adobe has finally made the effort. Now I can visit
> >> all those sites that don't work with flash7.
> >
> > I live under a rock. What's the URL?
> >

> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html
>
> Been using it for the last couples days in Firefox.. works great.

For browser use, all you need is the plugin.
1. Unpack the...tgz file to a permanent location (I use /opt/flash)
2. Remove or rename the current plugin[s] (in mycase it used to be
more than one)  in /guess/where/plugins (varies by browser)
3. ln -s /opt/flash/libflashplayer.so  libflashplayer.so
4.Restart your browser
5. Enjoy I've used it with Seamonkey and Firefox 2.0. No problems that
I can detect. No abnormal system resource utilization. Adobe appears
to have done a good job, and supposedly several vulnerabilities in the
older plugin have been patched.

--
Collins Richey