[clue-tech] drivers for Lexmark scanners

Angelo angelo at freeshell.org
Sun Oct 29 01:52:30 MST 2006

mike havlicek wrote:
> Forgive me because this is just a chicken scratch
> guess at getting started. I assume that the mode
> {printer, scanner} is set through software? A
> question: what is the interface? SCSI,USB, Parallel..
> probably not the latter. Jumping ahead, if say under
> windows you close off a session with the hardware
> (lexmark) in one mode say scanner, does the device get
> reset into some default mode? The chicken scratch idea
> is that perhaps you can "fool" the lexmark into
> "hanging" in scanner mode.

It's a USB device.  I thought all scanners were TWAIN, so I have no idea
why sane won't detect it.  I'm able to set it to scanning mode from the
device itself, but it doesn't get picked up at all, and won't scan.

Anyway, thanks for the response.  Turns out Lexmark has a development
kit to use, but it doesn't say this printer is one of the devices it
will work for, and I'm not sure I want to dedicate the amount of time it
would take to learn how to hack it only to find it won't work anyway.

Angelo