[clue-tech] drivers for Lexmark scanners

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 08:20:43 MST 2006

On 10/29/06, Angelo <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:

> It's a USB device.  I thought all scanners were TWAIN, so I have no idea
> why sane won't detect it.  I'm able to set it to scanning mode from the
> device itself, but it doesn't get picked up at all, and won't scan.

Have you done the usual due diligence of checking the log for
information about the unit when it's plugged in? There's also some
sort of a manufacturer's id that may need to be entered for the TWAIN
equivalent to work. I've forgotten where, but a little googling about
howtos for scanners and linux should give you the information. Also,
have you tried gimp acquire?

I'm in the fortunate position that Ubuntu just recognizes the scanner
in my Epson CX4200 from the get-go, so I've forgotten all the details
of doing it the hard way..

--
Collins Richey