[clue-tech] php/postgres problem on Ubuntu 6.06

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Sep 5 20:19:37 MDT 2006

Collins Richey wrote:
> I just finished a complete reinstall of my Kubuntu 6.06 system due to
> a LiveCD installer bug that rendered my primary disk unusable for new
> partitions (bug filed with Ubuntu - when adding new partitions the
> installer chops the available space in an extended partition!!!).

If you mean that it shortened the extended partition to the end of the
last logical partition that's easy to fix.  Free space doesn't care
whether it's in an extended partition or not.  cfdisk would probably
handle that invisibly.

> It turned out that php-pgsql was not loading (ie no pg_xxx functions)
> After many hours of Googling and Foruming, I finally found a hint -
> reinstall the php packages. So I did and lo and behold, the problem
> disappeared.

Sounds like ordering is important--php-psql isn't enabled until after
psql is turned on somewhere.  That would be worth filing a bug against too.