[clue-tech] How to repair an overlapped partition

Sat Sep 9 21:24:32 MDT 2006

> > > 1. Does fdisk REALLY do nothing to any of the other partitions if I
> > > delete and reallocate hda3? Can I be sure that such an operation will
> > > not destory anything else on the disk?

Not only does Linux fdisk not do anything to the other partitions, it doesn't do
anything to ~that~ partition, in terms of the data area.  For example, you can:  Delete
partition 3.  Write out your changes and reboot.  Create partition 3 with the same
numbers.  Write out your changes and reboot again.  Voila!  All your partition 3 stuph
is still there, unmolested.