[clue-tech] Help with openMosix on Debian

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Sep 10 16:54:53 MDT 2006

Angelo Bertolli wrote:
[...]
> So... if I make sure I simply install the dependencies for a 2.4 kernel,
> I should be ok?

That's the theory.  I don't have experience with how complete the 2.4
kernel dependencies are.

Take care that your /vmlinuz links stay the way you want them and that
your lilo/grub conf doesn't change for 2.6.  Then worst case is that you
get a 2.4 boot choice that doesn't work and you can work out fixing it
without affecting the 2.6 stuff.

> One of the problems is I can't seem to find the
> kernel-source package on debian for 2.4.26, which is what I think I need.

Well, 2.4.27 is in stable and unstable.  It should be close enough.