[clue-tech] (SOLVED) remote X (forward) on gentoo amd64

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:02:57 MDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> wrote:

> http://www.graphics-muse.org/wp/?p=69

Thanks you all for the input.

I finally got this to work ... it turns out my Xauthority had to be
updated ... probably not helped by the fact that I scp'd my home
directory from a CentOS laptop to the amd64 box, do the Xauthority had
'remnants' of the old box.

To get it to work, did did the following:

- Installed xauth on the remote server (it was a minimal install)
     'sudo yum install xorg-x11-xauth'   under CentOS4

- on the amd box with X.org:
 xauth extract - $DISPLAY | ssh zimbradev /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth merge -
 (zimbradev is the remote host)

Both -X and -Y forwarding work fine now with not additional configuration.

Thanks again for the help.

--
aloha,
dave