[clue-tech] Qwest wireless networking

Jason S. Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Fri Sep 15 21:37:16 MDT 2006

I'm using Ubuntu 5.10 (desktop) and I have Qwest DSL with the wireless
modem (Actiontec).  I trying to set up the wireless feature.  When I
fire up a laptop with a wireless card it can see that there is a
wireless modem in the area.  But, from my desktop, when I navigate to
192.168.0.1 to configure the modem I get a "connection refused" error.
I also cannot ping 192.168.01 (destination unreachable).  FWIW, I can
surf the internet fine over the CAT5 cable.