[clue-tech] video file conversions

Michael Fierro biffster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 14:05:37 MDT 2006

On 9/16/06, Roy J. Tellason <rtellason at verizon.net> wrote:

> So I burned one of these .avi files I have on hand here,  and then find out
> that my DVD player in the other room won't support those.  It apparently will
> deal fine with CDs containing .mp3 files or .wma...

MP3 and WMA are audio formats. It sounds like your DVD player only
supports actual DVD video. So you'll basically need to convert the
.avi files to mpeg2, then master a video DVD, then burn that to DVD. I
have an article on my blog about doing this:

http://apt-get.biffster.org/2006/05/13/apt-get-install-dvdauthor/

Which links to a great article/howto on linux.com

Michael Fierro                                      biffster at gmail.com
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
---
"I know this music. Let's change the beat."
- Zorg, "The Fifth Element"