[clue-tech] Torpark for Linux?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Wed Sep 27 09:37:15 MDT 2006

On 09-26 17:38, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Ah, of course.  I should have known.  I first heard of onion routing
> when it was an NRL research project and it hasn't sunk in that it's an
> Open Source service yet.
>
> Looks like some interesting papers in the Wikipedia bibliography.  I'll
> have to look at them some time and see how likely it is that TOR is
> subvertable.

I don't know about various attacks, but I there was some news about Tor and
child porn scum:

It's on this page: http://tor.eff.org/

I don't think anyone using tor (especially if doing something clearly
illegal) should have any long-term expectation of privacy as traffic from
end-points can be evaluated. I think they have a disclaimer somewhere to
that effect, but I cannot dig it up right now.

I would think Tor is pretty popular in some places like China...

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
A penny saved is 2.5 grams of zinc alloy.