[clue-tech] Dual monitors with 2 video cards?

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:19:36 MDT 2007

On 4/6/07, Bruce Ediger <eballen1 at qwest.net> wrote:
> Well, is that possible?  Can I use the built-in video and an AGP or PCI
> card at the same time?  Googling around only lead me to a few "how-tos"
> that seem to require special graphics cards, like this:

The answer is "it depends." I've had some (old, now) motherboards with
onboard graphics -- which had to be turned off for the system to "see"
an add-on video card.

But, it's entirely possible to get Linux to address two video cards.
Many, many years ago I had a Matrox G450 dual-head card and an ATI
video card set up so I could use a triple display. It should be easier
to set that up now than it was then.

Best,

Zonker
--