[clue-tech] DNS lookups take a looooooong time SOLVED!

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:50:37 MDT 2007

On 4/7/07, Roy J. Tellason <rtellason at verizon.net> wrote:

> I hear comcast is supposed to be faster than DSL.  I looked into it and found
> that if you weren't a subscriber to their cables services already it would've
> cost me $54.95 a month vs. $14.95 a month for verizon's DSL (a bit higher
> now).  Why?  What kind of sense does this business model make?  So now
> they're pushing that other deal with cable/data/phone,  but does any of it
> work when you have no power like a regular land-line phone does?  And
> apparently verizon seems to feel compelled to respond with some sort of a
> similar deal,  only that involves a dish for the video part of it.  <shrug>

The one place it makes sense is right where I live in SE Aurora.
$14.95 a month buys me no connectivity (DSL not available), and that
hasn't changed in the past 15 years. Extremely doubtful that Qwest
will ever put in any sort of center that makes my neighborhood close
enough to a central facility for DSL. And, since I have no need to run
a server or any of the prohibited services, Comcast (the old slower
variety - never upgraded to super high speed) is just fine for my
needs. Wish it were cheaper, though!

--
Collins Richey