[clue-tech] X windows guru? (DeviceOff & DeviceOn)

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Apr 20 10:10:43 MDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 09:44 -0600, Jim Ockers wrote:
> We don't know how to do steps 5 & 8 - can anyone help or offer some
> suggestions?  For instance I saw this sequence of events on a page I
> googled:
>
> Synaptics DeviceOn called
> Synaptics DeviceOff called

I don't know how to do it myself, but if you're looking for how the
Synaptics driver handles DeviceOn/DeviceOff as an example, try here:

http://www.codase.com/search/display?file=L2dlbnRvbzIvdmFyL3RtcC9yZXBvcy9jb2Rhc2UuYy9zeW5hcHRpY3MtMC4xNC4yL3dvcmsvc3luYXB0aWNzLTAuMTQuMi9zeW5hcHRpY3MuYw==&lang=c

That's the Synaptics.c driver source.  This looks like old code, though.
The synclient.c (which is the Synaptics equivalent of the calibration
program you mentioned) doesn't appear to support calling DeviceOn or
DeviceOff.  I think the up to date examples must be in the latest xorg
tree.  It's been awhile since I dug into that.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Senior Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org