[clue-tech] Thunderbird dictionaries under Ubuntu

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Thu Apr 26 16:56:39 MDT 2007

Hm. Restarting Thunderbird seems to make no difference.

And I'm back to square one. The only thing I've managed to successfully
install was the German language pack, not the dictionary.

I've tried both methods listed on the dictionary page.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/dictionaries.html

The drag and drop method looks like it's installing, gets to 100%, then
dissapears. Installing it from a saved file gives no errors, but it
doesn't show up either.

I thought it was a permissions thing, so I ran mozzilla-thunderbird as
root and tried to install the dictionary, same results.

I haven't tried the OpenOffice method listed at the bottom, because it's
hard enough walking my Mom through installing a normal add-on.

Erik Z