[clue-tech] CentOS 5 update problems

Mark G. Harvey markgharvey at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 10:36:18 MDT 2007

A question for CentOS gurus ...

My background ... I'm using CentOS for the first time.  I'm experienced in other distros,
particularly SuSE.  Used to use RedHat back in version 8 & 9.

The problem ... Did a fresh install of CentOS 5 into a Virtual Machine.  All seems normal &
the update monitor even detects that 40+ updates are available.  The trouble is that when
using Package Updater, it bombs saying it can't find the mirror servers to receive the
updates.

I've checked the CentOS forums but what I find skirts the issue.  There isn't a posting
directly dealing with the issue.  Also, I don't see any patch to download & manually apply to
fix the problem.

I'm hoping the wonderfully talented & experienced members of CLUE-Tech can give me a 'clue'!

Thanks in advance.

Mark